Sunday, August 28, 2011

This is the Day

     Today was my last Sunday at the Roma church in Nusfalau.  I’m so thankful for the way the Body of Christ has welcomed me here.  I have been loved & blessed by these brothers and sisters in Christ.  I am going to miss the smiling faces and strong voices that fill my Sundays here. 

   When I was at camp in junior high the missionary who first told me about Romania also taught the campers a song in Romanian. It was the song: This is the Day the Lord has Made.  He just taught us the first verse, but the words never left me.  I have sung that song in slightly mispronounced Romanian for ten years! And today Kelly & I sang it at church and my church family here joined in.  It was so wonderful to sing that song that has come to mean so much to me.  That song reminds me of God’s purpose and the way He never gives up on us.  It reminds me that it truly is our decision to rejoice and follow Him. 

  When Kelly & I told everyone it was my last Sunday I was overcome with emotion. As I looked out I saw smiles and tears in the eyes of my brothers and sisters in Christ.  My tears were already brewing and began spilling forth.  I can’t even describe how much I will miss them.  The joyful part was getting to share with them that I am returning home so that I can prepare to come back to Romania again!

It’s not a good bye... just see you later.

Maria...we both cried today.

1 comment:

Adrian W. said...

Or even a "see you soon"!