Friday, July 29, 2011

I'll Walk I'll Run


Through winding streets I walk, I run
By lofty fences, gates of steel
I wonder…of faces hidden inside
~
With wearied looks from weathered eyes
I see hearts of stone & questions why
I ponder…what will chisel the ice
~
So lost, alone and hopeless
They question the reason
For their lives on this earth
~
We only have two hands, two feet
A body that is tired and weak
I question…how hope can usher the light
~
They don’t know what they’re longing for
Or even where the love springs from
Their hunger…only He can fulfill
~
Their stories, lives broken
Hearts empty and longing
For the touch of Your love
~
Your sacrifice the final price
Death had no grip it had no say
Mighty Savior…no love can compare
~
Your truth and love a gift to me
So I can share and I can teach
Holy Spirit…come shine through my life
~
Victory is the answer
Through Christ there is healing
We are children of God
~
Through winding streets I’ll walk and run
Into hearts of stone I’ll pour Your love
Father…come open their eyes
~
With you power use my hands my feet
A vessel may I ever be
Through your love…salvation will come

No comments: