Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chaos Covered in Peace

This morning I woke up to the sound of my neighbor yelling at his family. It seemed fitting to wake up to something ridiculous, so that I could continue through this crazy week.

Remember all those times in math class when everyone would sit around and say: "When are we EVER going to use this in real life!?!?" Well, this week I feel as if I've proven myself wrong. I might as well have my nose stuck in a geometry book. However, this time it's for real, not only for a grade. We've had a rather large project at Beauty from Ashes. A local family is starting a new business and has enlisted much help from us. Diana and I have been hard at work crunching numbers, having meetings, and creating projects. My brain hurts, not only from the math, but also from focusing so much to understand everything in the meetings where we discuss things in Romanian. When I say "we" I use that very lightly. While I'm able to keep up with much of what I understand, my additions to Romanian conversations are still limited, especially in front of new people. 

To add to my crazy week, I've had some sort of meeting or activity every night this week. I cannot express how valuable the quiet morning moments with my Lord have been this week. I know I would be a wreck if it weren't for the comfort of His Word. His blessings are immeasurable. Earlier today I had 15 minutes of rest at home before heading out again and I can't even describe how grateful I was for those 15 minutes! It's funny how I'm feeling tired, a bit stressed and like my chaotic life is stuck in fast forward; yet, God has given me a heart of peace in the chaos. I'm so thankful that though my world may be a whirlwind, my God is a rock. He is the foundation upon which my life is founded. Because He is faithful and constant, I will give thanks and praise His Name! 

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging. 
Psalm 46:1-3

No comments: