Sunday, May 12, 2013

Easter AND Birthday All Wrapped Up In One Day!

May 5th was both Easter in Romania and my birthday! 
This called for celebration! 

I had a few birthday wishes...

   1. To eat steak! (something I hadn't had in over five months!) 

This wish came true on Saturday night when I went out with my friends Sue and Emily and had a chunk of beef that reminded me of home. We played musical plates when our food arrived and somehow I ended up with the best steak. I was very thankful, but wish I could have grilled some good Kansas beef for us all! 

   2. To watch the sunrise in celebration of the Son who rose from    
      the dead conquering sin and death!  

This wish came true when I mentioned the idea in the small house-church I attend and the pastor decided we should all meet and have a little service. So, I got up before 5am, picked up a couple friends along the way and met on Mushroom Hill for some worship time as the sun rose! 
 
  3. To have yummy food including a desert without chocolate!
 

After regular church, I returned home to the Beauty from Ashes center and joined our BIG family for a special meal. They made taco/gyros for my birthday meal! There was also a yummy desert with nuts and coffee that was amazing PLUS cheesecake, tiramisu and a special fruit bowl for me!!!! (for those of you who don't know I really don't like chocolate, but yes I am human and a girl!) Thank you all so much for your hard work to create a special meal for me! 

  
 4. To Skype with my family and celebrate my little brother   
     turning 11 and my birthday!


I was able to Skype my family in the evening (my evening, their early afternoon) and watch Austin open his gift from me. They had also sent me a package and informed me I wasn't allowed to unwrap the gifts until my birthday. So, for two weeks the box of packages sat in my room just waiting to be opened! They watched as I finally opened all my gifts. It was special to celebrate over Skype with my parents, brothers, and grandparents. I'm blessed beyond measure by the love my family shows me! 


   5. To relax and reflect on the gift of life God has given me! 

I also got a chance to relax in my hammock and reflect on the incredible blessings God has poured on my life. I don't deserve any of His love on my own, but by His mercy and Christ's sacrifice I am called a Daughter of the King! How wonderful is my Lord and Savior! How mighty is my God! Praise Jesus for the sacrifice He made for our sins, once and for ALL. 

Christ is Risen!!! Hristos a inviat! 

No comments: