Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hands & Feet

This little girl's name was Allyssa too = instant friends :)

As I reflect on my first full day in Romania so many emotions course through my heart and mind. I got to visit two of the gypsy villages today & meet so many children! 

I'm stunned by the way such a beautiful place that God created can have so many people who don't know the love and truth of Christ.

I'm humbled that God would use me as His servant in this place.


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15b

I'm amazed that Christ would choose to use these hands and these feet.
 These hands. My hands. The hands that the little gypsy girl Arysa called soft and as she held and admired tenderly.

These feet. Feet that have only walked in this country for a day. Feet that have run miles & miles. Feet that become sore and ugly from use.

How? I ask myself. But quickly I realize; these are hands and feet made by the loving Creator, my God & Almighty Creator. How can I doubt what God would do with my hands and feet, with my life? 
  So I'll walk. I'll walk through villages. I'll pray that my feet are fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace (Ephesians 6:15). I'll hold dear little hands. And I'll pray that out of these little  hands and feet mighty warriors & strong disciples would be built up for the Kingdom! I'll pray that the hearts that guide those little hands and feet would be filled with the Holy Spirit and made alive in Christ!

Arysa & I

The girls all rushed up when we arrived and clung to someone's hand.

No comments: